Posted on July 6, 2022
According to History of Dentistry, people have struggled with crooked teeth and misaligned jaws since 400 BCE. However, in today’s society, many people will do anything to straighten their teeth regardless of their age. A few decades ago, most patients who wore orthodontic retainers to straighten their teeth were children and teenagers. Today it is a different story, braces and other methods for straightening teeth are now widely available for use in adults as well.
Why is there such a fuss about having straight teeth? Here are some interesting facts!
• When compared to crooked teeth, straight teeth have a more attractive appearance. In addition to the aesthetic benefits, having straight teeth also has several oral and general health benefits.
• Having straight teeth makes it simpler to keep them clean, which in turn lowers the risk of developing cavities.
• Inflammation of the gums can occur if a person’s teeth are either too close together or too far apart. Periodontal disease may develop because of this. Cleaning between crooked teeth is more challenging because of the narrower spaces.
• Properly aligned teeth improve one’s ability to speak clearly. Your speech may suffer if your teeth are crowded or have gaps between them.
• Straight teeth reduce the frequency and severity of migraines.
• Straight teeth contribute to improved digestion because they chew food more effectively and efficiently, which is the initial stage of the digestive process.
• Compared to crooked teeth, straight teeth are more durable and have a lower risk of cracking or breaking. Crooked teeth are weaker because they are more challenging to clean, which contributes to their deformity.
• If you have straight teeth, you have a better chance of keeping them whole in the event of a fall or other accident.
• When your teeth are straight, your gums, joints, and jawbone suffer less stress. Jaw misalignment caused by crooked teeth can lead to chronic pain in the face, neck, and head.
If you want straight teeth for yourself or a loved one, do not hesitate to reach out to our orthodontists for the best way forward.
In conclusion, straightening your teeth will improve your alignment, oral health, and overall well-being. Book an appointment with Jacaranda Smiles to review your dental health and begin creating your perfect smile!
Monday 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Tuesday 9:30 AM – 6:00 PM
Wednesday 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Thursday 9:30 AM – 6:00 PM
Friday 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday By Appointment Only