Empower Braces in Pembroke Pines & Plantation, FL
Some metal braces use colorful ties to secure the archwire to the brackets. Self-ligating braces use a different technology that consists of metal gates that open and close to hold the wires in place. This eliminates the need for rubber ties, but patients at Jacaranda Smiles who want the added color can still opt to use them.
Empower Metal Braces
Customizable orthodontic treatment, Empower braces provide maximum comfort with a fully self-ligating bracket system. Empower braces in Plantation, FL are made with advanced metal injection molding technology and highly durable clips. Every bracket is designed to maximize patient comfort.
Benefits of Empower Braces
Empower metal brackets offer the following benefits:
- Easier adjustments: The self-ligating clips keep the archwire in place without elastics allowing for faster wire adjustments without discomfort.
- Safe and strong: Empower braces to use durable heat-treated clips instead of rubber bands that can become discolored or lose elasticity over time and need to be frequently replaced. In addition, no ligatures mean less trapped food.
- Comfortable metal braces: The sculpted, contoured edges create a smooth surface with nothing to irritate the soft tissues of the mouth.
- Interactive brackets: This type uses the clip to actively engage the larger wires while capturing the smaller wires more passively. Less force is generated early on; with exceptional rotational control during the finishing stages.
- Passive brackets: Clips are passively engaged through all stages of treatment for lower ligation
- Dual activation design: Uses both interactive and passive Empower brackets.
Contact our dental offices in Plantation and Pembroke Pines, FL to learn more about Empower Self-Ligating Braces.
Dr. Milan Khakhria
Our orthodontist, Dr. Milan Khakhria (pronounced Ka-kria), was born and raised in Kenya, hence the safari theme of his office. At the age of 16, he went to England to complete his Dental degree from the University of Manchester Dental School. Before entering private practice in London, Dr. Khakhria also completed a one-year General Practice Residency. During this time in London, he met and married his lovely wife, Priti.