As a parent, you probably have a lot of questions regarding your child’s oral and overall health. And chances are that one of these questions is ‘when should my child see an orthodontist in Plantation?’. Keep reading for the answer!
When Should My Child See an Orthodontist?
While every child is different, the American Association of Orthodontists recommends that children go to their first orthodontic appointment no later than age 7. By going to an orthodontist in Plantation at such a young age, any orthodontic issues can be caught early – and it’s always better to be early than late when it comes to orthodontic treatments.
That being said, you should still always take your child to an orthodontist in Plantation as soon as you spot any of the following problems:
- Baby teeth are lost too early or late (most baby teeth should be lost between the ages of 5 and 14).
- Thumb sucking that is either excessive or continues past age 4.
- Teeth that protrude or don’t bite properly.
- Speech impediments such as a lisp, mispronunciation, or slurring.
- Crowded adult front teeth.
Where Can I Find the Best Orthodontist in Plantation?
If it’s time to take your child to the orthodontist, it’s crucial to take them only to the best. Luckily, you can find the best orthodontist in Plantation right here at Jacaranda Smiles! No matter if your child is 7, 17, or even 77, Dr. Khakhria can help your child achieve a beautiful, healthy, and straight smile. Contact our orthodontic team to request a consultation today.